Saturday, June 2, 2007

This record is true now.

Great Boxing Moments in Pop Music #1:
"I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson,"
DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, 1989

I'm rough like a freight train smooth like ice and
Yo, Jeff, straight up, I think I can beat Mike Tyson.

And, today, he could.


In the news: Live from Will Smith's hometown, Bernard Fernandez reports from a sweaty night at the Blue Horizon in the Philadelphia Daily News (Yorgey gives local fans a good showing) On ESPN.com, Dan Rafael's Weekend Notebook explores the possibility of Chad Dawson-Antonio Tarver and Wladimir Klitschko-Hasim Rahman matches, among many other things.

To prime the pump for its Cotto-Judah PPV next weekend, HBO will replay fights that showcase the two welterweights: the classic Cotto-Torres match from 2005 will air on June 8 at 11:00 p.m. Judah vs. Corley, from 2003, airs June 9 at 11:30 a.m.

No comments: